Our Model and Strategy
The environmentally sustainable and highly productive systems we help create and re-design:
- Significantly increase quantity of yields and quality of crops in short time frames.
- Integrate and introduce high value crops, herbs, and medicinal plants suited to local conditions.
- Increase biological diversity and provide food and nutritional security.
- Integrate all elements of the system, optimally utilizing resources, water, and energy.
- Enable the conservation and rehabilitation of the surrounding natural eco-systems.
- Enhance resiliency to climate change and extreme weather events.
- Increase incomes and improve livelihoods.
- Serve as a building block in the creation of strong and resilient agricultural cooperatives and communities.
To ensure the long-term success of our projects we base our strategy on:
- Designing and implementing with our course participants self-sustaining, easy to maintain, and replicable agricultural systems.
- Providing detailed surveys and analyses of food production and marketing systems at the regional, national, and international levels in order to develop and strengthen agricultural value chains.
- Conducting in-depth analyses of the natural eco-systems to be able strengthen the ability of farming communities to cope with the impacts of climate challenges and change.
- Engaging in extensive consultations with all relevant stakeholders at every phase, taking into account social and cultural factors and the ways they impact the agricultural value chain.
- Transferring our knowledge to the individuals and communities we work with using self-sustainable demonstration farms and Centers of Excellence, train-the-trainer methodologies, and comprehensive easy-to-access data bases.
- Helping create networks of farmers and experts that support and complement each other by continuously sharing expertise and lessons learned and gaining access to global knowledge.
- Partnering with local organizations and entrepreneurs.
- Creating ‘Farmers of the Future’ programs for youth and unique opportunities for women.
- Continuous follow-up based on on-site and off-site guidance.
- Integrating financial and insurance schemes into all projects.