Who We Are
We work with communities of small farmers to significantly enhance their incomes by integrating environmentally-friendly agricultural know-how and techniques, cutting edge low-cost technologies, and local traditions and resources.
We enable farmers to produce high value year-around crops, transition from subsistence farming to commercial and semi-commercial enterprises, overcome climate challenges and adapt to climate changes.
Our integrative projects provide farmers with economic and entrepreneurial opportunities in the spirit of the UN SDGs and COP23.
The environmentally sustainable and highly productive systems we help create and re-design:
- Significantly increase quantity of yields and quality of crops in short time frames.
- Integrate and introduce high value crops, herbs, and medicinal plants suited to local conditions.
- Provide food and nutritional security, increase biological diversity, and enhance resiliency to extreme weather events and climate change.
- Integrate all elements of the system, optimally utilizing resources, water, and energy.
- Enable the conservation and rehabilitation of the surrounding natural eco-systems.
- Enable food and nutritional security.
- Increase incomes and improve livelihoods.
- Serve as a building block in the creation of strong and resilient agricultural cooperatives and communities.
To ensure the long-term success of our projects we base our strategy on:
- Designing and implementing with our partners self-sustaining, easy to maintain, and replicable agricultural systems.
- Providing detailed surveys and analyses of food production and marketing systems at
the regional, national, and international levels.
- Conducting in-depth analyses of existing agricultural systems and the eco-systems around them.
- Conducting extensive consultations with all relevant stakeholders at every phase.
- Transferring our knowledge to the individuals and communities we work with using self-sustainable demonstration farms and centers of excellence, train-the-trainer methodologies, and comprehensive easy-to-access data bases.
- Helping create networks of farmers and experts that support and complement each other by continuously sharing expertise and lessons learned.
- Partnering with local organizations and entrepreneurs.
- Creating with our participants self-sustaining demonstration farms and Centers of Excellence.
- Creating ‘Farmers of the Future’ programs for youth and unique opportunities for women.
- Continued follow-up based on on-site and off-site guidance.