Who We Are
We work with communities of small farmers and their governments to significantly enhance farmers incomes by integrating environmentally-friendly agricultural know-how and techniques, cutting edge low-cost technologies, and local traditions and resources.
We enable farmers to produce high value year-around crops, transition from subsistence farming to commercial and semi-commercial enterprises, overcome climate challenges and adapt to climate changes.
Our integrative projects provide farmers with economic and entrepreneurial opportunities in the spirit of the UN SDGs and COP23.
The environmentally sustainable and highly productive systems we help create and re-design:
- Significantly increase quantity of yields and quality of crops in short time frames.
- Integrate and introduce high value crops, herbs, and medicinal plants suited to local conditions.
- Increase biological diversity and provide food and nutritional security.
- Integrate all elements of the system, optimally utilizing resources, water, and energy.
- Enable the conservation and rehabilitation of the surrounding natural eco-systems.
- Enhance resiliency to climate change and extreme weather events.
- Increase incomes and improve livelihoods.
- Serve as a building block in the creation of strong and resilient agricultural cooperatives and communities.
To ensure the long-term success of our projects we base our strategy on:
- Designing and implementing with our course participants self-sustaining, easy to maintain, and replicable agricultural systems.
- Providing detailed surveys and analyses of food production and marketing systems at the regional, national, and international levels in order to develop and strengthen agricultural value chains.
- Conducting in-depth analyses of the natural eco-systems to be able strengthen the ability of farming communities to cope with the impacts of climate challenges and change.
- Engaging in extensive consultations with all relevant stakeholders at every phase, taking into account social and cultural factors and the ways they impact the agricultural value chain.
- Transferring our knowledge to the individuals and communities we work with using self-sustainable demonstration farms and Centers of Excellence, train-the-trainer methodologies, and comprehensive easy-to-access data bases.
- Helping create networks of farmers and experts that support and complement each other by continuously sharing expertise and lessons learned and gaining access to global knowledge.
- Partnering with local organizations and entrepreneurs.
- Creating ‘Farmers of the Future’ programs for youth and unique opportunities for women.
- Continuous follow-up based on on-site and off-site guidance.
- Integrating financial and insurance schemes into all projects.